A new plugin for analyzing data from your station is now available.
This plugin shows you the frequency distribution of various parameters using dynamic graphs and tables.
You have many options for choosing
- the parameter
- graph type (line, area, bar, column)
- resolution (bin size)
- value returned (either percentage or total count)
- data transformation (none, log)
- interval (all, particular season, particular month)
This time it is again very difficult 🙂 You have to unzip the file, upload it to your plugin directory and then add a link in the menu.
Things to note:
- log transformation only works for total counts, if percentage is selected, no transformation will be applied (as it would be nonsense to apply log to percentage values)
- log transformation is useful if there is a large difference between the max and min, so it is hard to see differences between similar values
- seasons are based on your station coordinates specified in config (i.e. latitude is used to determine which hemisphere you are at and what months correspond to which season)
- unfortunately, due to the complexity of the calculations, this plugin does not adjust to the user specified units and will always show values in the units in which data is in the database
- percentages are useful when comparing for example the overall average with individual years, where total count does not tell you much because it is probably much larger value than the year value. Percentages simply show you the proportion of total.