another set of common questions/answers and tips.
- Which PHP version is used by the DEMO?
- It would be nice if there was some page with some pre-defined homepage layouts, with the configuration for download and list of blocks required to install.
I have thought about this, but decided not to do it. The reason is that it would be hard to come up with some general layouts that would be interesting for people (not so much block selection, most people use the same blocks like Current, StationData etc.) but it would be very complicated to come up with the layout, most likely you would change it a lot anyway, saving you no time and more time for me to come up with it. Last but not least, this is what makes each page unique – the fact everyone designs it themselves.
- Is there any way to make the asteroids page work on https pages?
No, unfortunately not and I can already tell you that for this reason this page will be deleted as of version 16. It is just an iframe (usage of which which I try to avoid these days) and there really is no way to make it work on https sites.
- I was using Weather Display and now I want to start using Meteobridge, do I need to make any changes in the template settings or database?
No. In this particular case no because both WD and MB support the API directly. The template does not care which source sent the input as long as the input is in the right format. This means you can just set the right API url in MB control panel and you are ready to go. However! One thing you need to make sure is that before you start updating your site with MB you turn off the WD updates. The API should not be called by two sources simultaneously as this could result in unexpected behavior. It is a bit different if you were migrating to a software which is not supported directly, for example WU or Cumulus. In such case you would need to set up a CRON job and specify this in the template Database updates settings in the control panel. No change with regards to the database regardless of software.
- Why is your page showing the solar data when it is always zero.
I don´t have a solar sensor and that´s why it is called a “demo” 🙂
- Do you want people to rather ask on the forum or email you?
Probably forum, however this does not mean you cannot email me. The reason why the forum is better is because it could be that some other user will reply to you quicker and because if I reply to you, someone else in the future might find this useful. I will of course keep providing support via email, but I would prefer the forum where possible.
- Any news about Meteotemplate 16.0?
I posted about this in the forum (in the section only visible to registered users).
- Have you already decided who is going to be the language administrator?
For some languages yes, but I will wait a bit longer to see if anyone else is interested and most likely choose them next week.