new version of Meteotemplate is now available – Meteotemplate 17.1 Nectarine. It is not a major update but it does include some bug fixes, one major optimization step in the database update (should decrease the server load a lot) and one CRITICAL security update, so I recommend everyone to update! There is also a few improved scripts, such as better SEO or FB sharing optimization.
As I promised, the update process will be semi-automatic, just like last time. This means you will have to download the update file manually, upload it via FTP, but the actual update will then be performed automatically by a single script. Make sure you follow the instructions below closely.
Please use the new token request page and do not email me directly. The process of token issuing is now also semi-automated (issuing hundreds of tokens last time took many hours and this will make it a lot simpler for me). If you just email me I will not be able to generate the token easily. In addition please include everything that you are asked to specify on the token request page and have a look and agree with the license (nothing new, just a summary from the original license in the wiki, highlighting the major points, but please read it because after some incidents in the past I will not issue tokens to users who do not respect it).
- as always, you will need a download token for the update. To get one, go to the Downloads page and click Get Token. I will try to issue tokens within 24 hours maximum. I might send a few at the beginning and then wait just to make sure that if there is some major problem it affects as few people as possible.
- extract the package and inside you will find a folder update_17.1
- use an FTP client to transfer update_17.1 into your update folder in the template
- go to your website and login as admin
- now you will do the actual update by opening the following page (making sure the update_17.1 folder is in the update folder):….templateRoot/update/update_17.1/updateTemplate.php
- this script will first check several things (make sure it is placed in correct location, make sure you are using version 17 and check you are logged in as admin). It will then automatically create a v17Backup folder in your backup folder and backup all the necessary files which will be changed.
- If the backup and checking process goes ok it will update and add all the new files from version 17.1 automatically and inform you about any potential problems during the update and what to do next.
- Please make sure you read the entire page, at the end of the update page will be summary information about any potential files that were not updated (in which case you will need to transfer them via FTP as usual) and what to do next.