Version 2.0 Watermelon – September 2015
- NEW – menu – a brand new fully interactive menu, which allows adding not just text, but also images and interactive features. It is also much easier to modify, because all menu items are simple <div> containers, where anything can be added with just a simple HTML.
- NEW – HTML 5.0 and W3C valid – all template files are now in HTML 5.0 standard and should be fully valid in terms of W3C
- NEW – icons – some new icons are introduced in the menu for the main pages of the template
- NEW – feature allowing sending email notifications in case station is not reporting
- NEW – design tweaks – the menu now also shows current temperature and precipitation, time of last db update and this is available on each site
- NEW – there is now error log available (a text file saved in the admin folder on your server), which contains various information regarding the actual functioning of the template. This feature will be further expanded in the future.
- NEW – the template is now also available in French, German and Slovak
- NEW – database updates are now also possible using directly data from WU and also using files generated by WView and Meteohub
- NEW – some pages were optimized for faster loading
- CHANGED – the trends page in the weather station section is now separate for each parameter. This change was necessary because larger databases would cause problems and load very slowly and often throw errors
- FIXED – calendar now works correctly even with shorter databases and shows the correct months for all years
- FIXED – scrolling of pages in the reports section was problematic in some cases, now works fine.
- FIXED – the show all/hide all buttons in reports now work correctly
- FIXED – METAR sometimes reported incorrect visibility.
Version 1.2 – August 18th 2015
NEW – Header interactive banner now uses Yahoo as data source and provides much more accurate results
NEW – daily and monthly reports now have a button to expand/collapse all tabs
NEW – Page with database info now displays time span of database availability
NEW – Main weather station page now also shows time (below the date)
NEW – new languages available
CHANGED – minor tweaks in css/main.css due to new header
SECURITY – all pages were now secured against SQL injections!
BUG FIX – trend graphs did not work on some servers
BUG FIX – solar radiation no longer appearing in daily reports if solar sensor set to false
BUG FIX – main climate page header centered and font reflects template settings
BUG FIX – calendar now works even if database is shorter than one year
BUG FIX – all pages for long-term statistics displayed incorrect month for the first year in the database, if this was not January
BUG FIX – settings dialog box adjusted so that it does not flash upon loading of each page
BUG FIX – settings dialog box now correctly appears above the menu
BUG FIX – apparent temperature in WWO forecast is now properly converted
BUG FIX – some language corrections on the monthly report page
BUG FIX – CSV export is now only available if some parameters were chosen (corrupted file no longer created)
Version 1.1 – July 24th 2015
NEW – Header section is now replaced with interactive banner showing current conditions
NEW – Main admin page now shows last time of database update
NEW – Main weather station section now shows ONLINE/OFFLINE status for the station. This is based on the difference between current time and last database update time. This interval can be changed in the pages/station/index.php, default value is 15 minutes (if you want to change this, open the file and right at the top you will see a parameter maxInterval, where you specify the value in minutes)
NEW – Admin can now set the default state of “show values” on the gauges page. Default state is now “show”. If you want to change this, open the pages/station/live.php file and at the top change the “show” to “hide” for the defaultState parameter.
ADDED – jQuery scripts are now included in the package – the original package was loading jQuery from Google server, which sometimes caused slow loading of the page
LANGUAGE – Danish is now available (thanks to Steen) – the dk.php is now included in the lang folder (must also be added in the config langAvailable string as “dk”)
CHANGED – minor tweaks in css/main.css due to new header
CHANGED – footer now shows “Template by:” instead of copyright and also includes the template version
BUG FIX – users of WD who use the wd.php for update should change one parameter in order to make sure the gust is always properly saved. If you made changes to the settings of this file the best way is to perform this change manually. Open the file wd.php file that is being regularly executed for your db and find line 117, which starts with $currentG. Now make sure you change the number in the square brackets of parameter row to 140. Line 117 should therefore look like this: $currentG = $row;
BUG FIX – page showing climate did not show country flag properly due to incorrect URL of the image.
BUG FIX – interactive graphs page tooltip for “alltime” showed “precipitation”
BUG FIX – Czech and English language files were causing errors due to some unwanted BOM characters
BUG FIX – several pages in the station section did not hide the solar sensor related information even if solarSensor was set to false in config.php. Now fixed.
BUG FIX – WWO forecast showed incorrect values for pressure (depending on units settings)
BUG FIX – Tmax and Tmin headers for the MySQL table in the admin section were the other way around
BUG FIX – pressure gauge did not show properly when units were set to inhg, now fixed
BUG FIX – some language characters did not show properly (fixed by changes in scripts/functions.php)